You need to buy something for an employee training professional who is having a birthday, graduating from a degree in adult education or just because and you don’t know what to get? Here are some ideas that will be sure to put a smile on their face!
- Books. Okay, so we read a lot. Any book that teaches will do so think non-fiction. Some of us like fiction too so mix it up. But the real way to our hearts is to understand that we like learning as much as teaching.
- A book shelf. Read #1. I mean A LOT of books.
- A great bookmark. Am I making my point about the book thing? And just so the rest of this list is not book related: bookstore gift cards, electronic reader (some training professionals like paper so check), book light, etc.
- Colourful post-it notes, white board markers, file folders, fancy paper clips or push pins or other office supply. Most training professionals I know are on a first name basis with their local office supply store.
- A great tote bag/laptop bag. Have you ever seen a training professional walk into an in-person session or webinar? They are usually doing a juggling act. A large bag with lots of pockets to organize us would be great. If it has wheels, all the better as paper and all those supplies get heavy.
- A new computer. Okay, this is a big, special gift but we do tend to love our technology.
- A nice leather or trendy fabric writing portfolio. One with pockets and a good quality lined pad of paper (preferably in a pretty colour).
- A white board or bulletin board for their office. You can get fancy and buy a combined one or one with a stylish frame.
- Business cards or postcards to promote their business (if they are a freelancer).
- A fountain pen or other special pen. One that feels great in your hand and writes as smooth as silk. If it writes with ink that is a unique colour you probably get bonus points.
If you are a training professional reading this, do you agree? Do you have other suggestions for gifts you’d love to receive? Please add a comment.
Copyright © 2013 Joni Rose of Career Minded Consulting Services. All rights reserved. Any unauthorized use will constitute an infringement of copyright. Please contact Joni Rose for reprint permission.